This web site is about our low-cost home built mostly using reused construction material and a bunch of ‘reduce’ ideas, and rules that our family uses to live a (relatively) low-carbon life.
Our home was featured in the home interiors magazine, Livingetc. Click here to see the article.
A low-carbon roof over your head
Our house is low-carbon, looks stunning, has lots of ‘Reuse’ and ‘Reduce’ , and is cheap. It cost 50 % of what a regular house would have cost to build. See ‘Our kachra house’ for :
– Ideas that we used.
– Sources for designs and reused building material.
Reducing energy consumption in your day-to-day life
We can reduce our carbon footprint through simple and small changes in our daily activities. See ‘Living an earth-friendly life’ for :
– Things you can do to reduce your energy consumption.
– Things that you can do to reduce using chemicals harmful to the environment.
A quickie guide to ‘carbon footprint’ and other jargon
See ‘What the hell is low-carbon?’ for :
– Explanations on common terms.
– Some basic calculations to determine your carbon footprint
If you have any new ideas
You are welcome to add them as replies. I’ll pick out the good ones and add them to my list.